Come Work With Us!
Project Accountant II
Deadline for submission: September 30th, 2017
Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your accounting expertise in a team-oriented, high growth environment? Do you have a passion for people and the numbers, with excellent attention to detail and yet the ability to “see the bigger financial picture”? We are an operational accounting company looking for the BEST. Our employees enjoy exciting and growth-oriented operational accounting-based careers supporting some of Alberta’s most dynamic businesses.
• Super Organized
• Open to receiving regular feedback,
• Seriously committed to your own Personal Growth and Excellence,
• Able to thrive in a VERY non-structured environment,
• Very experienced in Operational Accounting specifically,
• Willing to roll up your sleeves/jump in to ensure the client’s needs are met or exceeded, and
• HIGHLY strategic in your thinking?
If you answered yes every time, please read this ad in detail TWICE and submit ALL of the necessary requirements if you wish to be considered for this challenging position. If not, thank you for your interest but this job is not for you and we wish you all the best in your search.
For those select few who said yes, meet our requirements and are up to the challenge: your active participation in a high performance team is required, to provide full-cycle accounting, month-end, year-end, financial reporting and other detailed accounting services to a wide variety of clients spanning many different industries.
**Have you OWNED and operated your own business in the past? Previous experience as a business owner will definitely be an asset and provide additional growth opportunities.**
• Experience working with teams of professionals, including accountants, technicians and clients (and potentially coordinating these teams, once you have proven yourself);
• Able to excel with minimal supervision while achieving deadlines through strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects/priorities and more;
• Customer Service experience and “sensitivity” to handle dynamic client relationships;
• Extensive experience in preparing monthly accounting adjustments, year-end accounting packages, financial statements and meeting clients’ ongoing requests + the ability to review others’ work (which you cannot do until you personally know, inside out and backwards, each and every step yourself);
• Develop, implement, modify and document record-keeping and accounting systems and processes;
• An exacting eye for detail and the ability to identify and correct variances and discrepancies in all accounting tasks;
• Ensure compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements; and more.
• 7-10+ years operational accounting experience in preparing month-end, financial statements etc. Extensive experience in an operational accounting capacity essential. Financial reporting or auditing experience is not enough.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in year-end financial reporting.
• Excellent oral and written English required.
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, a vehicle of your own + driving-at-work Vehicle Insurance.
• Supervisory experience in an operational accounting capacity and history as a successful business owner is an asset.
• Practical business knowledge / experience, critical thinking and managing strategic business operations is required.
• Completed several personal development workshops within the last 3 years.
• Highly accountable.
• Articulate, expressive, diplomatic with others, utilizing excellent oral & written English.
• Advanced computer skills including MS Office (Excel and Word) and QuickBooks.
• Effective problem solving and investigative skills.
• High level of People Skills (communication, conflict mgmt, mentorship of others etc) and ability to interact with clients, team members and government agencies.
• Experience in preparing monthly accounting adjustments, year-end accounting packages and preparing and analyzing financial statements is required, and the constructive review of other’s work.
• And more.
• Permanent, full-time position
• 40 hours per week (overtime must be pre-approved)
• Location of work: a combination of travel to local clients’ offices + at our main office on 11630 Kingsway Ave NW
• Benefits upon completion of probationary period
• Salary negotiable based on level of skill, experience and education
If you are looking to work in a values-driven environment with great coworkers, and if you are committed to going above and beyond to achieve client results, then we would like to hear from you.
Please send us:
- your detailed resume, and
- include a cover letter that describes your most important career accomplishment to date
to firstname.lastname@example.org ~ We look forward to hearing from you!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
About Business By Numbers
Business By Numbers Ltd. is one of Canada’s rapidly growing professional service firms providing operational accounting services to small and medium-sized businesses in the Edmonton and surrounding areas, and we are looking for the best as we launch into another exciting growth phase. Our employees enjoy exciting operational and management accounting-based careers supporting some of Alberta’s most dynamic businesses.
- Great Team!
- Monthly Training
- Ongoing Personal & Professional Growth
- Schedule Flexibility
- Variety of Clients, Industries & Tasks
- Quarterly Staff Social Activities
- and more!